WHAT WE MEAN WHEN WE TALK ABOUT "PRIVACY"
Your privacy is important to us. When we sell an insurance policy to a person, we need information about the person or property that we're insuring. We consider this information private and have taken steps to protect its confidentiality.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE HAVE AND WHERE WE GET IT
You give us most information we need in the application process. To make sure all this information is current and correct; we may need to check it with you by telephone or by mail.
You may be asked to give us more information in writing or over the phone. Plus, we may receive and check information on your past insurance claims from insurance support organizations or your former insurers.
As allowed by law, we may also ask for credit and other consumer reports from consumer reporting agencies in connection with your application for insurance or any renewal of insurance. Information given to us by an insurance support organization, including consumer-reporting agencies may be retained by them and disclosed to other persons.
For auto Insurance, we often get a report of accidents or convictions from the California Motor Vehicle Department. We get these reports through an independent reporting company. We may also receive and check other information from government agencies or independent reporting companies to help us correctly rate and properly price your insurance risk.
On insurance for a home, a building, or a boat, we or an inspector from an independent-reporting company may visit the property to inspect and report on its condition, and in some cases, take a picture of it. This allows us to check the estimate we have of your property's value. If we need more information about the property or the alarm you've installed, we may need to enter your property to finish the inspection. We would contact you before entering your property.
As a part of our application process we also order an Insurance Score based on credit history. We use the Insurance Score, the information you give us, and other consumer reports to determine eligibility for the companies we represent. Based on your eligibility determines which company your business can be placed with subject to the respective insurance company’s rates and premiums.
Once you're insured with us, your file may also contain information about your policies with us, including your bill payment history or the claims you have had with us. A claim representative may comment, for example, on the condition of the insured property, or let us know if there have been any changes in the way it's used. We may also keep a police report, if there was one in connection with an accident.
Sometimes we need some information about your health- if, for example, we need to know whether a physical limitation will affect your ability to drive. We would ask you to sign a form allowing your personal doctor to give us written information about your health.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION
We will keep information we collect about you in our files. Our policies and procedures protect your personal information in our files.
We do not give or sell our customers' personal information to others for marketing purposes. You don't have to ask us to keep your information private because we do not give your information, unless allowed.
We will use information about you to sell you insurance, service your insurance and settle claims. We may give the information to other persons or companies to help us manage or service our business. When we do, we make them use it only for the reasons we gave it to them.
We may give, without your past permission and only if allowed by law, information about you held in our files to certain persons or organizations such as:
- Our affiliated property and casualty insurance companies
- An independent claim adjuster or investigator
- Persons or organizations that conduct scientific research, including actuarial or underwriting studies, provided that no individual may be identified in the studies
- An insurance support organization, including consumer reporting agencies
- Another insurer in order to prevent or prosecute fraud
Also, on rare occasions, we may be required to share this information:
- With a State Insurance Department or other governmental agency, if required by federal, state or local laws
- If ordered by a summons, court order, search warrant or subpoena
- To protect our own legal interests, or in case of suspected fraud or other illegal activities.
Children's Privacy Statement
This Children's Privacy Statement addresses Bannister & Associates' practices with respect to the online collection and use of any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. This Children's Privacy Statement provides important information on your rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- Bannister & Associates does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If Bannister & Associates becomes aware of the inadvertent receipt of personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, Bannister & Associates will delete such information from its records. If a Bannister & Associates change practices in the future, Bannister & Associates will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen.
- Because Bannister & Associates does not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen, Bannister & Associates does not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- Bannister & Associates does not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information.
- Because Bannister & Associates does not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen, Bannister & Associates does not condition the participation in online activities of a child under thirteen on providing personally identifiable information.
- If Bannister & Associates receives personally identifiable information regarding a child of any age in connection with an application for a product or from an existing Bannister & Associates customer where Bannister & Associates has no reason to believe that the user providing the information is not an adult, Bannister & Associates may retain such information for use in responding to or processing the user's request and for the ordinary purposes necessary to servicing its customer, subject to the applicable Bannister & Associates Privacy Statement.
HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU
If you have any questions about the information we have in your file, please write to us at:
Bannister & Associates
305 17th Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
When we receive your written request, we will let you know if we've given any information about you to anyone in the past. When we receive your written request, we will also tell you, if we asked for a consumer report, and if so, the name and address of the consumer-reporting agency that gave the report to us.
If you want, you may also see and copy the information (except for certain documents pertaining to claims and lawsuits). If you believe any of our information is wrong we'll check it out and if we agree there was an error, we'll correct it. If we don't agree, you're still allowed to file a letter with us disagreeing with the information. We'll send the correction or letter to anyone who received or will receive the original information.
If you have any questions about the right of access to or correction of your file, please contact us. We'll be happy to review our procedures with you.
WHEN YOU WRITE, PLEASE BE SURE TO TELL US YOUR:
- Policy number
- Phone number and the best time of the day for us to call you
Please include a copy (not the original) of some type of personal identification, such as your driver's license.
WE THANK YOU FOR LETTING US SERVE YOUR INSURANCE NEEDS.
This notice is given by Bannister & Associates, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. This notice may be amended at any time.